Monday, November 22, 2010

Count your many blessings

Since the beginging of November I tried to make it a point to count my blessings every night before falling asleep. I thought that as the number of nights increased, I would find some repeats in my blessing counting. It was not the case, I found I had a number of new blessings each night. To be fair, there were a few people I was thankful for over and over, but for each time they were counted I was thankful for them for a different reason.

Within a week, I found an increased notice in the small things. When the second week rolled around, I was humbled greatly. The third week has just finished, and I am still finding NEW things that I am grateful for. Now entering the fourth week I have questioned how I could ever feel down, or with a heavy heart. It is often easier to see the things that aren't, rather than the things that are.

My only regret this month is that I didn't take the time to write down each blessing, and why I am grateful for it. With that said, here are  few things that have made my list of things I am grateful for, in no particular order.
I am thankful for My husband, for countless things he does for myself and our family. I am thankful for Lilly, I don't think I have ever laughed as hard or smiled as much in my life as I have since she was born. I am thankful for the questions she asks, and the genuine statements she makes. I am thankful for my Mom. She has taught me more than she will ever know. I am grateful for my Nana. I am thankful for all the times she made me sit still so she could fix my hair everyday for school. I'm thankful for the tender heart that she is and for the patience she showed me when I was growing up. I am thankful for my brothers. I am thankful they loved me enough to want to protect me from everything and everybody. I am thankful for Sean for always playing little people with me when we were little, and for our late night drives when we got older. I am grateful for Tyson and his quick wit. I am even thankful for slurpees. Without them my brother's and I would have never made the walks to 7-11 to get them. I will never forget those walks to sev. My brothers became my closest friends and ali's on those walks. I am grateful for Justin. I am grateful he married my sister, and has taken such good care of her, and my family. I am thankful for all the times he walked me to kindergarten, and all the kind things he does for my Mom and Nana. I am thankful for Dave's family. They are all amazing, and for the last 4 years I have never felt more loved or more apart of a family. I am thankkful for Mom and Dad Maloney and their example of marriage. I am thankful for Jenny and Chris, they get my sarcasm and don't judge me for it. I am thankful for Jonny and Hailey, and for their love and friendship. I am very grateful for Jeff. He is without a doubt the most confident, and imaginative person I have ever met. I am thankful for my friends. I am thankful for the friends I see on a weekly basis, for the friends I talk to daily, and the friends I go months without seeing. I often think the only thing my friends have in common is me, and I am grateful for that. I am thankful for my sister Lilly. I am thankful for the 20 phone calls she picks up from  me each day. I am grateful for her friendship, for her honesty, and for the example she is. I have never known a harder worker, or a kinder person. I am even grateful for every hardship I have ever faced. I am thankful for them because they make each of these blessings seem so much greater.

I have so much to be grateful for, I am especially grateful for this little reminder of all the things that are going right in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment